Best of UK and Ireland – Well let’s face it, we get the weather for green and rich pastures. And, not surprisingly quality milk and cheese follow. Six of the finest cheeses from GB and Ireland make up this collection all encased within an Artisan Cheesemonger Hamper Box.
- Godminster Organic Cheddar – a deliciously creamy cheese, it is made from organic farmed milk and vegetarian rennet and can be savoured either smoked (over aged oak no less) or non smoked. Usually encased in wax, it makes a visual impact. Put simply, it tastes the way good cheddar should.
- Baron Bigod – An English Brie style cheese, this masterpiece provides a taste and texture experience which is the envy of our French cousins. Made by hand, the result is an extra creamy modern classic.
- Colston Bassett Stilton – Hand ladling produces this intensely rich and creamy blue cheese. A truly great example of what is rightly deemed to be one of the all time classics.
- Durrus – From West Cork, this soft rind cheese is bathed in brine and ripened to develop a mottled pinky grey rind. The taste changes with maturity. Similar to the French classic, Epoisses in both odour and texture, Durrus has become a stalwart of any Irish cheeseboard.
- Young Buck – Made from cows’ milk gathered each morning from the lush pastures of Craigantlet, this cheese is carefully cradled in Newtownards by Mike Thompson. A rather piquant flavour with a blend of creaminess, this blue cheese made from raw milk is reaching all the best restaurants in Northern Ireland and afar.
- Blue Bell Falls Honey, Thyme and Garlic Goatlog – a delicate, crumbly and intensely creamy goats cheese from Co.Cork.
Animal C = cow, G = goat, E = Ewe
Milk Treatment R = Raw, P = Pasteurised
Rennett T= Traditional, V= Vegetarian
County of Origin I = Ireland, GB = Britain, F = France, S = Switzerland, IT = Italy, H = Holland, N = Norway, SP = Spain
Allergens M = Milk